Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Top 10 Best Gospel Singers of All Time (2)

 

Sandi Patty

Is there any there choice BUT Sandi Patty!?! Truly the "Voice" of Christian music. Beautiful person, blessed with incredible gift, amazing entertainer and always giving back. The first concert I ever attended was Sandi Patty in 1986 (Let There Be Praise) tour, the ticket was a gift from my grandmother. Over the years, her music has continued to be part of my spiritual journey. 

Often times, the only way God could speak to my heart was through her music "In Heaven's Eyes). I still say no ones rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner" comes close to Sandi's. Last year, I had the pleasure and honor to meet my "spiritual mentor" at a concert and do her makeup. 

I work in T.V./film production as a makeup artist/hairstylist and was so delighted to be able to share my gifts with someone that has shared hers with us. Truly a blessing. Sandi is #1, top of the list, best of the best, class act in my book.
I know a lot of people are talking about the performer "Sandi Patty. However, I want to talk about the genuine person behind "The Voice". 

I met Sandi back in 1992. This concert was in St. Louis Missouri. When I was meeting her for the first time, I was so nervous since this was the person I love listening to on my cassettes. However, she put me very much at ease and even had a autograph picture waiting for me. 

She told me that if she is ever in my area, look her up and she will try to make every effort to make sure I can see her backstage. Well, let me tell you that she is person of her word. 

I have met her several times backstage since then. Each time a little more of her awesome personality comes out. She is very humorous person on and off stage. I feel honored to know such a great Christian Musician. I am also a Music Minister for a Methodist Church and where ever I go I am always talking about the musician/friend named Sandi Patty. Sandi is truly one of a kind person and so ...more


Heard Sandy when I was just a young woman and her voice stirred something deep in my spirit. She has the most incredible range and power, yet can sing so softly and sweetly. She sings with great passion and no one, can sing "The Star Spangled Banner" quite like Sandy! All three of my children have grown up hearing her music. 

I even took my youngest daughter and her schoolmate to see Sandy in person when she made an appearance in Atlanta. Sandy's voice is truly a gift from God! When I'm feeling spiritually drained, I listen to Sandy's voice via Pandora on my cell phone! Her rendition of "How Great Thou Art" or "Upon This Rock" lift my spirits immediately. She is a blessing to all of us and should hold the honor of #1 Gospel Singer. 

She IS THE BEST!
I first heard Sandi when I was a kid and she was singing with her family. I got her autograph after the show, but was way more interested in her cute brother's. 

My favorite of her concerts was in Oklahoma City after the Bombing in 1995. I was a disaster responder from Indiana and had been there for several weeks. 

I was exhausted, and beyond that, I was pretty much spent. When she said, "You are so very loved, " I felt it in my Spirit and have never forgotten the words or the feeling. And then there's her voice.



No comments:

Post a Comment